We customize our SAT Prep & ACT Prep to the unique needs of each student. Meeting 1 on 1 allows us to be attentive in ways a large group class cannot.
Our SAT & ACT Prep are Comprehensive:
1. We assess where the student is presently by looking at previous test scores, academic strengths and weaknesses, and issues with test taking. We also discuss scoring goals and make sure they are reasonable, and in line with the student’s colleges of interest.
2. We address overall strategies with the student, some of which can be applied across the entire test, and some that are section specific. Understanding how the test is structured is important in learning how to approach it, and in developing strategies.
3. We teach section specific strategies. Dissecting how each section is presented is important as well. There are ways of approaching questions in each section that are unique, and we teach how to best navigate this.
4. We help to manage test anxiety. This is an issue that more and more students face. By providing them a chance to talk about their worries, we can help them to demystify those feelings so they don’t get in the way of performance.
5. We use only tests that are approved by the College Board®, and ACT® which are the organizations that administer the tests. Our students progress and benchmarks aren’t based on a test we created, but on actual exams.** Not all companies do this, and it is often times a way for them to manipulate student scores and “progress”. We don’t believe in that approach.
6. Unlike some other prep services, we don’t spend entire sessions watching students take tests. That isn’t the best use of our time, and is not something you should be paying for. While a portion of a given session may be devoted to test-taking, so that we can observe how a student approaches problems, the bulk of our time is focused on content, strategies, and helping them be fully prepared for test day.
Offering unmatched SAT prep and ACT prep throughout the Greater Boston area. This includes, but is not limited to: Arlington, Belmont, Brookline, Cambridge, Concord, Dover, Hopkinton, Lexington, Medfield, Natick, Needham, Newton, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, Wellesley, Westborough, Weston, Winchester. We also serve Franklin, Hampshire, and Hampden Counties in Western Mass.